J. Astaphan & Company Limited is seeking to recruit a responsible, team-oriented, personable and highly confidential individual to support to the Executive Director to oversee and be accountable for the operations of the Home and Building location, ensuring maximum sales and profitability through customer service, merchandising, inventory, expense control, staff management and managing operating cost and shrink.
Candidates can look forward to regular client contact, a role in business development and proposal writing/methodology creation, and a
- Efficiently manage the operations of the location with the aim to increase and improve sales
- Accomplish strategic objectives through the establishment of plans, budgets, and efficient allocation of resources
- Direct sales forecasting activities and establish performance objectives
- Liaise with the marketing department to improve Brand awareness and sales
- Manage inventory for the location utilizing data from system reports and physical counts
- Meet and co-ordinate with department supervisors to meet Company goals for the location
- Work alongside the Director to implement and manage competitive pricing of products
- Monitor market changes, competitor prices and products to position brands
- Prepare staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates supervisory staff
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- Six to eight years’ experience in a building and hardware environment
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services
- Extensive knowledge of sales, inventory and customer management preferably in a retail environment
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and Health and Safety best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
The preceding job summary has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.