J. Astaphan & Company Limited is seeking to recruit a responsible, team-oriented, personable and highly confidential individual to support to the Marketing Department in its primary and administrative duties.
- Collect, process, and construct data analysis concerning the company’s marketing strategies and tactics.
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s
- Monitor staff performance and conduct their appraisals as per company policy/schedule
- Conduct weekly/monthly meetings with staff to develop customer service skillsets, manage
expectations amongst other things.
- Conduct market research and analyze consumer rating reports/ questionnaires.
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings
- Update spreadsheets, databases and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial
- Oversee and assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and
attend them to facilitate their success. Assist in developing and reviewing marketing plans, creating and monitoring the status of the budgets
associated with these plans over the covered periods.
- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations.
- Assist in composing content on the company’s website and social media accounts.
- Write marketing literature (minutes, press releases etc.) to augment the company’s presence in the
- Communicate directly with clients and encourage trusting relationships.
- BSc. in Management, Accounting, Marketing or equivalent is an asset
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Business Administration, Accounts or equivalent qualification Five
(5) CXC/CSEC subjects, including Mathematics, English and Accounts
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a retail environment
- Minimum of two years in a supervisory position
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Associate, Assistant, or similar role
- Must be reliable and responsible; and must have the ability to work independently with little direct
- Proficient in software applications, and MS Office Suite, including MS Excel, web analytics
- Strong analytical skills with goal-oriented attitude
- Experience with SEO/SEM campaigns
- Knowledge of marketing digital tools and techniques
- Excellent record-keeping (computerized) and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness/ability to work overtime and weekends.
The preceding job summary has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Interested parties should apply in writing to:
Human Resource Assistant
J. Astaphan & Company Limited
65 King George V Street,
Roseau, Commonwealth of Dominica
Deadline for receipt of applications: July 25, 2022
Full COVID-19 vaccination required
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted