This is custom heading element
Astaphan & Company Limited is seeking to recruit a responsible, team-oriented and personable individual. Responsible for maintaining guest service, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, and loss prevention in adherence to all company policy standards.
- Responsible for providing superior customer service and maintaining quality working relationships
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Make suggestions and encourage purchases of related products
- Provide information on various payment options available for purchasing merchandize i.e. via Hire Purchase, Layaway etc.].
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions.
- Possess intimate knowledge of inventory including amount of product available within the Department
- Make presentations of company products and services to current and potential customers.
- Distribute promotional material and free product as required
- Responsible for stock management, collection and end of day activities in the sales process
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Five (5) CXC/CSEC subjects, including Mathematics, and English
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a retail environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required. Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations.
- Must be reliable and responsible and to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Must work well under pressure
- Proficient in software applications including and MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of the ABCS system would be an advantage.
- Excellent record-keeping (computerized) and organizational skills
- Willingness/ability to work overtime and weekends.
The preceding job summary has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Interested parties should apply in writing to:
Human Resources Assistant
- Astaphan & Company Limited
65 King George V Street,
Roseau, Commonwealth of Dominica
Deadline for receipt of applications: August 27th, 2020
Unsuitable applicants will not be acknowledged.